If watching a great romantic movie together defines good times for the two of you, then this anniversary, catch up on some of the most romantic films ever made. Nothing like a mushy flick to raise the temperatures and let emotions do all the talking!
Here are the 10 most romantic films to watch on a wedding anniversary .
1. Pretty Woman. A 1990 romantic comedy film, Pretty Woman, starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, is the stuff of dreams. Down-on-her-luck Hollywood hooker meets rich businessman who is looking for a glamorous escort for his various social and business engagements. When he asks her to stay with him for a week, their relationship changes from a purely business association to a more intimate one. A they-lived-happily-ever-after ending.
2. Moonstruck. This is another romantic comedy starring Cher and Nicholas Cage. It explores the human emotions that get tangled when set equations are toppled. Cher works as an accountant and is engaged to be married to a rather stodgy person whose life is ruled by a manipulative mother, living in Italy. Cher goes to invite her fiancé’s younger brother and the two promptly feel an inexplicable attraction that blows into a full-fledged affair. Before they know it, they are head over heels in love. Cher’s fiancé eventually breaks the engagement, only to have his younger brother gleefully ask Cher to marry him instead. A delightful peek into an Italian family living in New York, Moonstruck is a must-see for incurable romantics.
3. Serendipity. This romantic flick makes you ask yourself: do coincidences really happen? Or are they little miracles, placed in our life path to guide us to our ultimate destiny? John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, who are both in relationships with different people, meet during the frenetic Christmas shopping season in New York. Their mutual attraction is intense. Kate decides to leave their future to fate and ultimately, through several dramatic twists of the plot, seven years later they are united with each other.
4. Ghost. The late Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore star in this romantic fantasy drama in which Patrick, even after death, becomes a ghost and stays close to Moore just to be able to help her and expose the culprits who were behind his premature death.
5. A Walk in the Clouds. Keanu Reeves is returning home from WWII and meets a young Mexican-American girl on a bus who is home from college to attend the grape harvest at her sprawling family home in Napa Valley. The young girl shares her predicament with him – she is unmarried and pregnant – and Reeves offers to pose as her husband before her rather conservative father and family. The two feel attracted to each other, but Reeves has to first settle matters with his estranged wife. Ultimately, destiny brings them together.
6. Pearl Harbour. A dramatic adaptation of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour on the morning of December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbour makes for riveting viewing. It is a triangular love story spanning decades, and has superb war scenes, with many twists and turns in the plot. A bitter-sweet ending. Most definitely to be viewed with your soul mate.
7. Sleepless in Seattle. Inspired by An Affair To Remember, this romantic film stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Hanks plays a Chicago-based architect, who along with his young son, relocates to Chicago after the death of wife due to cancer. The young son, however, is determined to find a companion for his still-grieving father and calls in to a radio talk show. After some interesting hits and misses, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks finally do meet on top of the Empire State Building, a la An Affair To Remember.
8. When Harry Met Sally. Another romantic comedy starring Meg Ryan, this time with Billy Crystal. Harry (Billy) and Sally (Meg) have known each other for years and are good friends. Both meet on and off, share their current relationship issues and apparently have one great friendship going. They don’t want to get physically involved with each other because they firmly believe that having sex spoils a perfectly good friendship. But the inevitable does happen one night and things alter forever between them.
9. Notting Hill. Hugh Grant plays a simple book shop owner whose life changes forever when he meets Julia Roberts, the glamorous movie star in this British romantic comedy set in Notting Hill. That the impossible can happen is what the movie shows when the two ultimately marry in a fairy-tale ending.
10. You’ve Got Mail. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan come together again in this romantic film that is a tribute to the internet age in which we live. Both run bookstores, but Hanks’ is a far bigger chain of bookstores. Unaware of each other’s real identities, they become friends via email, using fictitious IDs. Eventually, the two meet as their real selves and fall in love.
Happy viewing!Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und kompetent
Source by Daya K Mukherjee